Comment on page
We are using a new innovative way to model a social system, based on participation..
It will sounds hard to believe but this system has been tested in an underground community for +10 years (starting in 2011). This community was a filesharing system where people had to share files in order to accumulate score and ranks, it was specialized in gaming assets for Unity and Unreal. The better your rank the more downloads. It was based on a suscription and was exactly working like the social pyramid of Metaisland.
For 10+ years this experiments showed that communities based on participation are lasting longer, are more profitable, and in general are the most successful system ever created. No need to have millions of users to make money, generally 50% of the participants are paying, which is a number unmatched by any other systems like forums, or torrents.
As a metaverse, we need to model a valid social system that will work on the long run, motivate the users to participate. This is not to take lightly because it is a very important component of the metaverse success.
- each participant is noted based on his participation, for instance eating or killing a mutant is good and is increasing his score.
- every day, the scores are updated and a pyramid of 15 ranks is created based on each individual score in a specific island.
- users reaching the 15th rank are "crowned" and removed from the calculation, which makes the rank system to stretch backward.
- In consequence, users can change ranks depending not only from their own participation, but also by the participation of others.
- In order to insure their rank and not lose their 'privileges', the users can pay a subscription that will guarantee their rank even if they are losing it.
- the users are always ranked using the best rank possible. For example if a user pay for rank 4 and he reaches rank 8 organically, then he will play at than 8, his subscription will only insure him not going under a certain rank.
- a minimum or Rank 1 subscription is necessary to play with all the features enabled.
- Rank 0 is visitor rank, and people can visit an island but cannot interact with it.
- Rank 15 are out of the rank system and are not at risk to lose their rank. They have also access to moderation and owning an island and run it as a business using our franchise system.
The score is a transaction, saved in the blockchain or a centralized database that gives value the participation of the player.
For example, when the player is buying food, it adds to his score. Different actions are giving different reward. We can for example give more reward to the smart actions like resolving a puzzle, rather than giving to repetitive actions.
The score cannot go down, there is no subtraction to your score, every score point won is definitively won. In all social system, the scoring is based on Christians value. If you are good, you go to heaven, if you are bad, you go to hell. We are modeled to think that our bad actions are deserving a punishment. Metaisland is not using this system, and is based on a Buddhist approach, where we are forgiving people for their bad actions, and rewarding the good actions. This way, the bad participant, will be excluded from the social system naturally because they do not participate, and the bad actors will have no other choice than participate or leave.
The community heart beat is how much scores points total from all the users participating every day. It gives value to all the acts done and is a good indicator of how wealthy an Island is. The islands are then ranked globally based on their heartbeat, it is then a good mesure of the most successful and fun islands.
The community health is the total score total in all the server since the launch of the game.
The ranks are one of the most important value to consider for a player if he wants to progress in the game.
There are 15 ranks. They are recalculated every day (in the real world) at midnight.
We take the score of a W.O.K server and scale it into 15 ranks. Each rank corresponds to 1/15th of the core.
Your rank determines what you can do or not in the game. For exemple, to use some weapons, some spells, enter into some areas, rent some houses, you need to have a minimum rank.
The danger is that if you do not play, you may lose your rank because other's people will outperform you. It is a race, either you participate a lot, or you pay for a minimum ranking.
When you are losing your rank, you cannot hold, use, and possess anything that requires a higher rank, in consequence, you are losing them as well. You can lose your house, your business, or your magic items because you miss the score threshold to keep your rank.
The only way to secure your rank even if you are not playing, is to pay.
- $10 / month secures Rank 1, it is the basic subscription. You can raise to Rank 15 while paying the minimum, but you are no guaranteed to stay at a higher rank.
- $20 / month secures Rank 5
- $30 / month secures Rank 7
- 40 / month secures Rank 9
Above 9, you have to play constantly to keep your rank, you cannot buy your way to the top, you really need to play for it.
When you reach Rank 15, you become crowned and you will never lose your rank. You have 'finished' the game. But at the same time you are taken out from the ranks calculation, and the pyramid is adjusting to this fact. This means that the pyramid can stretch both ways.
In order to become moderator, you need to have reached Rank 10 at least one time. Same goes for running your own island as a business.